Tech4Good South West
This Website Policy applies to you, as the website user of techforgoodsw.org.uk/ and the owner and data controller of this website, the Tech4Good South West organising team.
The overall purpose of the website techforgoodsw.org.uk/ is to provide information about the Tech for Good South West network. We provide a contact email and phone number on our website to enable you to contact us for further information about our services. Via our website we do not directly collect your email address, name or any other contact information.
2. Scope of the policy
We value your privacy and take our responsibility to protect personal and sensitive data of our website users seriously. This policy provides information on:
- The personal and sensitive data we collect and why we collect it
- Where we store the personal and sensitive data we collect
- How you can request access to, deletion or modification to the personal and sensitive data we hold on you
3. Who we are
The Tech for Good South West organising team manages the website http://techforgoodsw.org.uk/. Tech for Good South West is an informal network, and is not a registered entity.
DOT PROJECT takes responsibility for the overall management of the website. DOT PROJECT is registered at: 2 Beech View, Claverton Down Road, Bath, BA2 6DX, UK.
Enquires and communication can be sent to: email@example.com
4. The personal data we collect
This section outlines the categories of personal data that we may process, the purposes for which we may process personal data; and the legal bases of the processing.
Categories of personal data
Purpose for processing
Legal basis for processing
Website analytics: we collect your IP address, geographical location, browser type, operating system and length of visit.
To measure the effectiveness of our website and inform improvements to the website
Legitimate interest – to communicate our core services online
You can contact Tech for Good South West by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Your email, name and any other personal data you share will be stored in Gmail whilst we deal with your enquiry, and for a further 6 months after the enquiry closes. We will ask your permission to store your email, and any other personal information, after 6 months.
To respond to and support your enquiry
Legitimate interest – to communicate with existing and potential clients
5. How we use and store your personal data
Website analytics: we store this information on tsoHost. this is reviewed once a quarter to assess the performance of the website. This data is not currently shared with any other third parties. In the future we may share anonymised data with third parties, for example a web development agency, for the purposes of improving the website.
Contact details from enquiries: we store your email, first and last name and any other personal data you choose to share in your enquiry in Gmail. These details are stored in Gmail for the duration of time it takes to deal with your enquiry, after this we store your information for a further 6 months. After 6 months have passed, we will ask your permission to store your personal details. If you do not give us your consent to retain this information we will delete it from our systems.
We do not share contact details shared from enquiries with any third parties without your consent. In dealing with your enquiry we may identify a need to involve a third party – for example if we feel your enquiry requires additional skills or services – we will always ask for your consent before we connect with a third party.
6. How you can contact us to modify, delete or access your personal data
As part of the General Data Protection Regulation you have the right to:
- Be informed about how your personal data is used
- To access the personal data that Tech for Good South West holds about you
- To have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by Tech for Good South West is inaccurate or incomplete
- To be forgotten, you can request Tech for Good South West to delete your data
- To restrict or prevent the processing of your personal data.
- To object to how Tech for Good South West is using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes
- To data portability, if you have provided personal data to Tech for Good South West you can ask for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. Tech for Good South West does not use your personal data in this way.
You can contact Tech for Good South West by emailing email@example.com. A request to access, modify or delete your personal data is known as a Subject Access Request, please use this in the subject line of your email.
Your request will be responded to within 30 days.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The cookies we use
Our website is hosted by Hostinger. The cookies we use enable us to:
- improve your experience on our websites and for functionality purposes, for example, if you choose to buy any of our products and services, you must consent to us placing a cookie on your computer
- understand your usage of our website
How to change your cookie settings
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.